To view where we went on our trip, check out the schedule. Here are also some of the things that I have done and places that I have visted recently:
- Getting Salty on Salt Spring Island
August 10, 2006
- Wandering the Wonderous World by
July 22, 2006
- Stonehenge! (no, no, the other one)
July 1, 2006
- Hiking the Paria River Canyon
May 25, 2006
- Wondering how Boeing could turn something so cool into something so boring and overpriced
February 24, 2006
- Learning about the terrible secret of the Space Needle
February 22, 2006
- Does it get any better than a free museum dedicated to submarines, torpedos, and dive suits? Well, I suppose robot sharks wouldn't hurt
February 22, 2006
- Wondering if Gowlland Tod and the McKenzie Bight couldn't be made into some strange Harry Potter knock off.
January 18, 2006
- Making my annual pilgrimage to both freeze and burn by sitting in a boiling river in the middle of winter
December 29, 2005
- Back in Paradise, Paradise Valley that is
December 28, 2005
- Hiking Amongst Frozen Waterfalls
December 18, 2005
- Getting Snowed on While Visiting the Top of the World, Or At Least The Closest Thing To It In the Neighborhood
November 17, 2005
- Stopping By The Smallest Yet Coolest Hobbit Hole/Bar in Oregon
November 4, 2005
- Sitting Next to a Stove, Petting a Cat, Reading a Book, and Soaking in a Hot Tub during a Rainstorm at a Cool Guesthouse While Otherwise Enjoying the Slow Life on A Very Small Island
October 21st, 2005
- Getting Wet In the Water of the Gods (while listening to live bluegrass music)
August 13, 2005
- Showing off Stonehenge (the Washington State version, of course) to some very unimpressed Spaniards.
August 2, 2005
- Staring at Victoria's Buildings
July 27, 2005
- Getting the Folk Out of Here
July 1, 2005
- Peering at the Heart of Vancouver Island
June 12, 2005
- Seeking skeletons in Soho
May 19, 2005
- Hearing language distilled in the back of an Old Town café (trust me - watch the video).
April 12, 2005
- Accompanying small children to check out albino peacocks
March 27, 2005
- I liked it better when it made the beer – filling downtown Portland with a ripe, yeasty smell – than now, when it serves the beer.
March 5, 2005
- Despite what you’ve heard, the term "gaudy" has nothing to do with Antoni Gaudi – although you might not believe me after a drink at this bar.
February 20th, 2005
- Putting the boot in Bootleg Canyon
February 18th, 2005
- Hiking on the coast and hearing what seals say when they get stuck in seaweed - Kelp! Kelp!
January 28th, 2005
- They say Jack Nicholson was at the bar, but no matter, it's still a cool place. In fact, if I had a list of my 10 favorite places in the world, this would be at least number three.
December 28, 2004
- Now that’s an even better use of apples than dunking them in liquid caramel. How much should I drink to keep the doctor away?
December 5, 2004
- It’s so big, it seems like it shouldn’t exist – and it shouldn’t. Here’s one man’s dream, pulled from his mind by force of will and strength of wood, and long after the man is gone, the dream is still around.
November 17, 2004
- Oh yeah, it was all about the educational tour and not the free beer sampling. Mmmm education
November 6, 2004
- Saying "Yes, I'd like Tim biscuit" when the counter girl actually asked if I’d like a tea biscuit in my initiation to true Canadian cuisine
October 17, 2004
- Getting in touch with my inner naked hippy. Well, okay, there really was no touching
September 20, 2004
- Hearing Paul say "This is the ultimate creation of my older years; anything I create after this will be a total anticlimax. I know of nothing like this on the face of the earth."
September 4, 2004
- Sleeping off a day of frisbee golf, microbrews, and bluegrass music under the watchful Masonic eyes of the man painted above the bed.
August 23, 2004
- Getting Imperialistic in the Inland Empire
August 20, 2004
- Visitng the Poor Man's Port Townsend
August 5, 2004